We have a password policy in place that requires users to change their password every 90 days. There are no exceptions to this policy for security reasons. New passwords must be at least six (6) characters long and cannot be the same as previously used passwords.
If you log into a Madison computer and see the expired password notification, click the Yes button and change your password immediately. Failure to change your password within 10 grace login attempts will result in you being locked out of your account, and will require you to submit a Password Reset Request.
NOTE: Each login after password expiration uses two (2) grace logins.
The expired password notification looks like this:
There are multiple ways to change your password (even if it's not expired) from a Madison computer within the district:
- Click the Yes button when you receive the expired password notification.
- Use our Self-Service Password Reset webpage.
- Click the Forgot Password link on the login screen of any Windows computer in the district.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del on Windows computers and click Change Password.
- Login to Groupwise Webmail and follow the instructions outlined in THIS PDF.
If you are out of the district and/or on a personal device, the only way to change your password is by using the Groupwise Webmail method.