Invite People to Your Event
- Written by Luke Strohm
Add people to your event
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- Open an event to edit, or create a new one.
- On the right, find the "Guests" section.
- Start typing the name of the person and choose someone from your contacts. You can also type an email address to invite people who aren't in your contacts list.
To mark a guest as optional: Next to the guest's name, click the person's icon . If you don't see the icon, hover over the guest's name.
- When you're done editing your event, click Save.
When you save your event, an email invitation will be sent to your guests.
Options for inviting guests
Invite people who don't use Google Calendar
- You can invite people who don't use Google Calendar to your event. Just follow the steps above and invite the person using their email address.
- Your guests will receive an email invitation. They can let you know if they are going by clicking the Yes, No, or Maybe links in the email.
Invite people using Google Groups
- You can invite a Google Group to your event instead of inviting people one by one. Just follow the steps above and add the email address for the group. Learn more about inviting groups to your event.
Find a meeting time
If you got your Google Account through your work, school, or group, you may see guests’ schedules and find a meeting time that works for everyone.
- Open Google Calendar.
- Create a new event, or open an existing event (you may need to click Edit event first).
- Click the Find a time tab. If the other guests' calendars are shared with you, you'll see their schedules.
- Find a time. Use the arrows at the top to navigate between days.
- Once you've found a time, click the area within the calendar grid. The time will update at the top of the page.
- Click Save.
Editing events: You can only edit the event if you created the event or if the event organizer gave guests permission to change the event.
The full article can be found HERE.